"Rage", "lack of patience with my kids", "envy", "the way I act in my home", "not obeying you", "pride", "selfishness"; These were some of the anonymous sins that were nailed to the cross on Sunday night as we each acted out with real hammers and nails the reality that “He was pierced for our transgressions”. After sharing an Easter feast, a celebration of praise songs, scriptures, communion, and prayer mixed for a sweet evening of worship in two languages by believers from various countries.
We praised God both for what he did and for what He continues to do as we saw Hispanic members of Mission Adelante bring friends, as one new believer shared about her new life in Christ for the first time, as volunteers arrived to accompany the ESL students they work with, and most of all, as people directed their attention toward the glorious God who loved us so much to secure our eternal joy with His own life. With a mixture of struggle and joy we are watching God change lives and build a community out of broken and vulnerable people.
In other news:
- Seven first-time attenders came to the Easter Worship Celebration.
- Three full-time and one part-time staff along with 42 ongoing volunteers serve an average of 102 regular participants on a weekly basis through our ESL, Kids Adelante, and Bible study programs.
- Praise God for providing through donation the replacement of most of the items that were stolen.
- Pray for the plans for the facility remodel to come together and be executed quickly.
- Pray for the progession of the teams that were formed to involve the Hispanic community in service.
- Pray for more Hispanics to follow through with sharing their faith and leading others through the discipleship material.
- Portable soccer goals
- Tutors for an after-school program to begin this fall (If you're interested, contact Jarrett!)
Important upcoming dates:
- Monday, April 7 @ 6:30: Volunteer Team Meeting at the facility
- Saturday afternoon, April 19: Trimester-end Party at The Bethany Center