In other news:
- Immigration seminar on July 24: We're very excited to announce the next Adelante Missions Institute Saturday Seminar on Saturday, July 24. Dr. Danny Carroll and Jenny Hwang will speak on the timely and important topic of immigration. Please follow this link for all the details and to register!
- Two of the summer interns are celebrating birthdays this week. On their own initiative, they used the occasions to host a birthday party here in the neighborhood last Saturday and invited our whole Latino community to celebrate with them! We are so proud of the way they're fully engaged in Mission Adelante's vision.
- Last weekend the Board of Directors approved the Bhutanese outreach pilot as a permanent component of Mission Adelante's ministry! This came sooner than expected because of the obvious viability and relevance of the outreach. The approval opens the opportunity to begin to hire staff to fill key roles.
- Praise God with us! A Latino family that we've been pursuing for four years through our English classes and Kids Adelante outreaches took the step to come to our worship celebration for the first time on Sunday. Please pray that they would be moved to worship with us again.
- Please continue to pray for deep discussion and for the young people's understanding of spiritual things to be nurtured as Latino pre-teen girls, teen girls, and teen guys meet in separate Bible studies throughout the summer.
- Pray for refreshment for staff and volunteers during this break week, and that our outreach programs will not have suffered any loss of momentum when they meet again next week.
- We're looking for a couch to help furnish the home of a Bhutanese family. We can pick it up anytime during the day this Monday, July 5. If you have one that you would like to donate, please e-mail David Stetler, and attach a photo of the couch if possible.
- Today, June 29: Mid-Trimester Break. No Bhutanese outreach programs.
- Thursday, July 1: Mid-Trimester Break. No Latino outreach programs.