“Convivir’ takes many shapes in Mission Adelante’s context, but one of the most exciting and energizing of these takes place at the end of each trimester in the form of a super-duper, fun-filled, God-honoring PARTY! This Sunday evening, August 10th at 6:00 is one such event. If you’ve never been, I encourage you to show up and get a glimpse of the cross-cultural community that God is building in our neighborhood. Besides sharing a meal together, we honor our ESL students with a graduation ceremony, celebrate kids who’ve demonstrated special characteristics, and share a brief message from the Bible. So if you’re looking for a uniquely exciting cross-cultural experience or a glimpse into the community of Mission Adelante, you’re invited! The details are below!
Event: Mission Adelante’s Summer Party
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Place: Bethany Community Center
1120 Central Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102
I-35 North to Roe/18th Street Expressway Exit
North on 18th Street Expressway
Continue past I-70 to Central Avenue (big stoplight)
Right on Central to 12th Street
Bethany Park and Community Center are at 12th and Central Avenue
In other news:
- The Resource Center had its grand opening last Thursday evening! As ESL students finished class and parents came to pick up their children from Kids Adelante, almost everyone walked over to the detached garage that houses the Resource Center to check it out. Many of them benefited from the various household items, toys, clothing, and food that was available.
- All five of the pre-teen Latina girls that began the Purity Bible Study led by Megan will complete the study this Friday and receive a purity ring as a memento of what they´ve learned.
- This is the final week of Megan, Molly, and Sofie´s internships. They´ve accomplished a great deal in the time they´ve been here!
- Pray for Molly Merrick as she begins raising funds and transitions into full-time ministry with Mission Adelante.
- Thirteen kids have been invited to participate in the Leadership Training Program beginning this fall. Pray for the kids and their parents to respond enthusiastically to the invitation.
- Guadalupe has been a part of our community for more than a year and a half. She recently accepted a position of leadership over the Servant Community team. Pray for God to develop her leadership abilities.
- Two weeks ago we mentioned Jose and Trisha's family. They've been resistant to becoming associated with a church, but have begun to show interest in Mission Adelante worship services and Bible studies! Please continue to pray for them to have the courage to come and investigate our worship and fellowship opportunities.
- Consumable staples including:
Rice, Bags of Beans (black and pinto), Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Corn Starch (Maizena brand), Flour, Table salt, Canned tomatoes, Canned Chiles, Pasta noodles, Macaroni noodles, Laundry Detergent, Toilet Paper, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Dental Floss
To find a complete list of requested items to stock the Resource Center, click http://www.missionadelante.org/opportunity.html and look under the “Resource Center” section.
- English and Spanish children's books. We'll distribute as many of them as we can through the Resource Center, and donate any that remain to M.E. Pearson Elementary School.
- Sunday, August 10, at the Bethany Community Center: Trimester-end party and graduation 4:30 set-up begins; 6:00 party begins
- Saturday, September 6 at The Mission: New Volunteer Training and Orientation
- Monday, September 15 at The Mission: All-Volunteer Meeting
- Thursday, September 18: Launch of fall trimester