Two days later, 18 families came through our resource center and received coats for the family members needing one. Some left with clothes and food as well. It was incredible! Their smiles said it all! We have never had such a response to the items we can offer. Without the help of those who partner with us through coat drives, food drop-offs, or personal donations, we would not be able to meet these needs. God’s timing and provision is always perfect and so was the timing of generous givers. Today, the wind and snow is much more bearable for a group of Hispanics.
If you can help us prepare to meet future needs, please partner with us by donating some basic food items including rice, cooking oil, sugar, dry beans, dry pasta, and baby formula.
In other news:
- The Trimester-end/Christmas Party is this Saturday, December 13, at 5:30. Please join us at the Bethany Community Center, located at 12th Street and Central Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas. Everyone is invited! Please also invite anyone you know who is interested in learning more about Mission Adelante or possibly volunteering in the future!
- Praise God with us for the funds He has already provided through the givers who have made year-end contributions. We have already received $13,500! Continue to pray with us for God to allow our goal of $25,000 to be met.
- Thanks for praying for the two pre-teen girls we mentioned two weeks ago who are enduring difficult home situations. There has been progress for one of them, as Jarrett and another volunteer were able to meet with the girl's mother to discuss the situation. Please continue to pray for God to create peaceful and nurturing environments in these two young womens' homes.
- Please pray for those individuals in whom we've invested during this trimester of classes and those we'll meet this Saturday at the party to accept our invitation to the Worship Celebrations.
- A used minivan or car (for a single mother of three in a desperate situation)
- Food items for the resource center, including rice, cooking oil, sugar, dry beans, dry pasta, and baby formula.