The Lost Art of Disciple-Making
I still have the first book I ever read on the topic of making disciples. At the end of my sophomore year at KU Doug Nuenke, a Navigators staff member, presented me with The Lost Art of Disciple-Making, by Leroy Eims. To me, this book still defines the disciple-making process as well as any, with principles taken from a thorough observation of how Jesus himself trained his disciples. Eims’ emphasis on an individualized approach that invests in a few and equips them in turn to disciple others has stuck with me through the years. It’s 2 Timothy 2:2 in action; “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.”
- Spring Break: All ministry programs of Mission Adelante will be taking a break the week of March 16-20. This includes Spanish classes, LIT, Kids Adelante, and ESL.
- Mark your calendars for Mission Adelante’s Spring Party: April 18th.
- Please pray for a strong finish for our Leaders In Training Pilot. Pray especially for the kids to remain engaged and be diligent even as we move into the Spring.
- Please pray for our discipling groups. Pray that each person involved would gain a greater passion and hunger for Christ. Pray for consistency. Pray for a sense of community.
- Please pray for Megan McDermott as she continues to raise funds to join our staff as the Kids Adelante director.
- Food staples for what we call "Canasta Basica" or basic basket also go fast. One "Canasta Basica" contains: 2 bags of rice, 3 bags of beans, 1 box of Maizena, one bag of sugar, one bottle of cooking oil, 2 bags of pasta, 1 bag of flour. We love it when friends can bring a complete "Canasta Basica" already assembled!