In Matthew 25 Jesus says these words;
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
At Mission Adelante, we have found ourselves in the middle of a mission field right here in our own backyard. And in this mission field we are surrounded by the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the sick, and families of people in prison. Who would have thought that the cross-cultural mission field would come to us, and that we would have the opportunity to demonstrate the kind of compassion that Jesus exhorted us toward right here in our own city!?
We invite you to join us in this mission by serving in practical ways and connecting relationally with people from another culture. Instead of viewing missions as something only a few "super-Christians" can do, why not make it a normal part of your life?
Whether your heart is for adult immigrants or kids, Latinos or refugees from Bhutan, there is a place for you to make an impact with Mission Adelante.
- English Classes for adults (Latino or Bhutanese)
- Kids Outreach Bible Study (Latino or Bhutanese)
- Teen Bible Study (Latino)
Come to our Volunteer Training Seminar on Saturday, May 22 from 9:00 a.m to 12:15 p.m. to get started! For more information email Morgan Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org. And now, if you have a few minutes, watch a quick video to get a better feel for what it looks like to be involved in our ministries!
In other news:
- We at Mission Adelante are extremely grateful for the 50 or so volunteers from three local churches that spent last Saturday here as part of the "What If the Church Served Together?" event. They assembled cubicles and moved staff offices to the second floor, built a stage in our chapel, insulated our attic, tuck-pointed our chimney, started building a storage room, repaired gutters, put up trim, cut our grass, and landscaped a nearby park! Whew! Thanks to each and every one that labored for our benefit!
- Please pray for the 12-member short-term missions team that will fly to Costa Rica this Friday and return Saturday, May 15. Pray for logistical ease, for the team to learn a lot about the culture and improve their Spanish skills, to have a sense of team unity, and to make a lasting impression on those they meet.
- Help us pray for separate teen girls and teen guys Bible Studies this summer that will focus on the topic of purity as Megan M. works on choosing curriculum.
- We're looking forward to having five interns spend the summer here at Mission Adelante! Please help us ask God to provide the necessary funds that they're in the process of raising.
- A blender, a crock-pot, and cooking pans have been requested by families that have visited our resource center recently. If you have extras of these items, or would consider purchasing one, it will be given to a family that needs it.
- Monday, May 24 @ 6:30 p.m.: Volunteer Team Meeting Summer Volunteers in all outreach programs should plan to attend.