The party with our Latino friends will be Saturday, April 14 at 5:00 p.m. The party with our Bhutanese friends will be Sunday, April 15 at 4:00 p.m. Both parties will be at Bethany Community Center, 1120 Central Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66102.
In other news:
- Last week's beautiful weather created opportunities for extra time spent outdoors with neighborhood kids. Drew Hammond played soccer with group of Bhutanese boys and Kristen Maxwell played with a group of girls. And last Wednesday, Kristen, Lauren Timberlake and Holly Stetler, their own kids and a collection of Bhutanese kids rode bikes to a playground to play together. These are examples of the way our staff and a number of volunteers share life with our immigrant friends, by living in and becoming part of the neighborhood we serve.
- Jarrett Meek is spending this week in Q-ba teaching at a discipleship training retreat. Please pray for his last few days there to be a rich time with friends.
- Please ask the Lord to continue providing the funds for some of our Bhutanese outreach staff to take an exploratory-training-leadership trip to Nepal and India in April.
- Please pray for our first Easter Celebration service with our Bhutanese friends, this Saturday. This will be the first Easter celebrated by a number of new believers! Pray for the non-believers that are in attendance to have clarity about the excellent news in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Also pray for our Latino community's Easter Celebration on Sunday, that as we rejoice in the way God demonstrated his love to us through Jesus, everyone's faith will be nourished.
- A washing machine, which has been requested through our resource center.
- Teens Adelante is hoping for summer swimming lessons for 10-15 teenagers. Please contact Brooke (email@example.com) if you can teach swimming lessons to full-grown teens or can help us find a good instructor.
- A ceiling-mounted projector and protective cage
- Large storage bins with lids (Rubbermaid-type)
- Thursday, April 12 @ 8:30 p.m. (immediately following Thursday evening programming) Bake Sale and Jewelry Sale to benefit the L.I.T. Canoe Trip at the end of the school year. This is a reward trip for the students that succeeded at meeting the expectations for L.I.T. participation throughout the whole school year.
- Saturday afternoon, April 14 @ 5:00: Latino Spring Party at Bethany Community Center.
- Sunday afternoon, April 15 @ 4:00: Bhutanese Spring Party at Bethany Community Center.
- Saturday, June 30 @ 9:00 a.m. Adelante Missions Institute Seminar. We're pleased to announce that Noel Castellanos, CEO of Christian Community Development Association, will visit Kansas City at the end of June. Mark your calendar!