Sunday afternoon our Bhutanese ESL team was privileged to meet with a number of volunteers to discuss and consider our Bhutanese friends’ religion and culture. We seek to understand their context in order to relate to, and love, them better. As we looked at the information, we asked ourselves, "How can we reflect some of our friends' innate values, so they can see Jesus more clearly in us?" Ideas included humility, generosity, hospitality, renunciation, and reverence for God and men. We got a taste of the reverent and sensory aspects of our Bhutanese friends' culture by lighting a candle and incense while we prayed. Much like some religion offer up incense, we offered up our prayers to God that Jesus would become the Light of life to our friends.
In other news:
- The Latino LIT kids had a blast last weekend on their overnight trip to the Omaha Zoo, including fun adventures with bats and a gorilla! It was a great reward trip for the hard-working students!
- The Latino Teens Outreach is planning a cookout to end the trimester. We are looking forward to good food and family fun!
- The entire volunteer team for our Latino Kid’s Outreach is getting together to celebrate an awesome trimester with some fun and fellowship at Megan’s house this weekend.
- Please pray for the the Bhutanese and Latino Outreaches as we are planning our trimester parties during the next two weeks.
- A family has requested a twin bed (mattress, box springs, and frame) through our resource center. If you have one to donate, please contact Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org.