As the summer goes on and the kids continue to engage in various activities, we are excited to see how God moves. His heart for these children is amplified when they are in a mixed context because, though these kids seem to be so different, they are all children of our Most High God. What a blessing to see the many faces of our Father reflected in the sweetness of these precious kids!
In other news:
- We were privileged to host the wedding last Saturday of a young Bhutanese couple that we became acquainted with through our Teens ministry. It was a wonderful ceremony! We celebrated aspects of Nepali culture, Narbu Tamang and Anjana (Monger) Tamang’s love for one another, and the Lord Jesus’ love for all of us! Please pray for this young couple as they begin the exciting and difficult journey of married life.
- Celebrating culture is one of our core values and a local community partner, Catholic Charities, is hosting World Refugee Day on Saturday, June 14 from 2:00pm-6:00pm. This is a great way to celebrate the cultures, histories, and community contributions of our Bhutanese friends and other refugee groups in KCK. Join the fun at 2220 Central Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66102.
- One of our men’s discipling groups is moving beyond just studying together and we’re beginning to serve together too, by visiting community members in their homes.
- The buildout of Chin Hills Restaurant continues. Please pray that construction can stay on time and our friends from the Chin community can soon realize their dream of using their grocery store and restaurant to fund programs for the youth in their community.
- Please pray for unity and spiritual hunger for our interns.
- Please pray for some special members of our Latino community who are moving to Texas in the next couple of weeks. We will miss them!
- Continue to pray for our kid’s camp during the month of June! It is a great opportunity to reach out and share Jesús with kids in our own backyard.
- Leaders in Training, our after-school leadership development and tutoring program, is getting excited about technology! We are currently looking for tablets that are in new, or very good condition to be used for learning activities during the 2014-2015 school year. If you have one you would like to donate please contact Kristen Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Megan McDermott at email@example.com.
- Summer break: July 1-5 No programs.