- A group of 16 youth from Emmanuel Baptist Church is here Sunday through Wednesday this week, assisting us in various ways. They hosted a movie showing in the Meeks' backyard on Sunday night, projecting "Enchanted" on a big screen. About 35 people attended, including two new neighborhood families. They're leading a V.B.S. Monday through Wednesday evening in a local park and doing work projects at the Mission, too. We're grateful for all their help!
- Molly Merrick, one of our summer interns, has accepted the Ministry Aide position on staff with Mission Adelante, which will begin in August, at the conclusion of her internship. We're thrilled that "Hot Ta-Molly" is going to remain here working with us! Please ask God to provide through people's response to her upcoming fundraising.
- Jose & Trisha and their three kids live near the Meeks. Kristen Meek has been getting to know Trisha around the neighborhood for about a year, and Jose has been a student in our ESL program since January. They've been resistant to becoming associated with a church, but have begun to show interest in Mission Adelante worship services and Bible studies! Please pray for continued interest, and for them to have the courage to come and investigate our worship and fellowship opportunities.
- Members of the new "Servant Community" are already bearing fruit as they engage in their roles and begin putting their hands to the plow! Please pray for their sustained commitment and initiative, and an experiential understanding of each person's place in Christ's body.
- We studied Paul & Silas' imprisonment and resultant ability to share the gospel with the jailer and his family in Acts 16: 16-34 in our home Bible studies on Sunday night. Please pray for Jose, Guadalupe, Hugo, and Leticia to have increased faith and persevere in the face of difficult circumstances for God's ultimate glory.
- Children's books: English and Spanish
Important upcoming dates:
- Monday, August 4, 6:30 p.m. at the Mission: New date for Volunteer Team Meeting
- Sunday, August 10, at the Bethany Community Center: Trimester-end party and graduation 4:30--set up begins; 6:00 party begins