In other news:
- The Mission Adelante Missionary Team met on Sunday for one of the first times since the Bhutanese and Latino outreach teams have been combined. The team is comprised of volunteers and staff people who are deeply committed to developing the mission and the church sides of the ministry, and many of whom have relocated to the neighborhood.
- Volunteers Rachel Schwagerman and Kristen Maxwell, along with staffer Molly Merrick have just leased a house very near Mission Adelante. In addition, volunteers David & Brooke Coon have a contract on a neighborhood house and are lined up to move in at the end of August!
- Over 45 people are registered to come to the seminar featuring Dr. Danny Carroll this Saturday, and there's still space available. This training opportunity is one of the best things Mission Adelante can offer our volunteers and friends! To get all the details about this seminar covering a Biblical overview of issues related to immigration and to register, follow this link.
- Violence in Mexico has claimed the life of the husband/father of one of Mission Adelante's families. Please pray for that family as they try to work through the loss, and for our church to support them in just the right way.
- Alberto, a leader in our church community, received notice of an appointment to take his citizenship exam sooner than anticipated! Please pray for his preparation for this final stage of the immigration process.
- A rocking chair for our new church nursery
- Saturday, August 14--Bhutanese Trimester-end Party at Bethany Community Center
- Sunday, August 15, 4:30 p.m.--Latino Trimester-end Party at Wyandotte County Lake Park