If you've never attended the Passion Awards, I would highly recommend it! It is an inspiring event that highlights God's work through several outstanding ministries in the city and the region. If you would like to join the Mission Adelante community in celebrating what God has done in our ministry and others, we would love to invite you to attend this exciting event that will be held in the Kansas City Convention Center! Register now to reserve your spot at the 2012 Passion Awards!
--Jarrett Meek, Executive Director
In other news:
- The Bhutanese Level 4 English class is doing a unit on government and the coming election. Teacher Jenny Dunn was astounded when one of our students knew the names of the mayor, the governor, the president and the vice president!
- Our Latino LIT kids will soon begin a monthly service project at a local nursing home. As we work to raise up the next generation of young leaders in our community, our goals are that our students would form friendships with the residents and that our kids would see that their servant hearts can make a big impact!
- Please pray for a family in our community in which the parents are separating as a result of marital strife. Please pray for peace, discernment, and wisdom in the choices that are being made.
- Kids Club, our Bhutanese kids' outreach, is growing in number and growing up. Many of our kids have outgrown the games in our game cabinet. We are in need of board games suitable for 4th-6th graders! Some ideas include Blokus, Battleship, Simon, Perfection, and Jenga. Please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bhutanese and Latino LIT program needs a small group (or groups) to purchase pre-packaged, healthy, after-school snacks for the kids. We would be blessed to receive a couple months worth of snacks. Please contact Megan at email@example.com.
- Colder weather is coming and we need help keeping families in our community warm. The Resource Center is in need of hats, gloves, and scarves. Please contact Molly Merrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to drop-off your donation. Please help us out by not leaving donations inside or outside our facility. Thanks!
- Saturday, November 17, 3-6:30 p.m.: Mission Adelante Staff House Parties
- Jarrett & Kristen Meek, Molly Merrick: 251 N. 15th Street
- Jason & Megan Schoff, Megan McDermott: 410 N. 15th Street
- David & Brooke Coon: 245 N. 17th Street
- David & Holly Stetler, Drew Hammond: 438 N. 17th Street
- Drew & Lauren Timberlake, Kristen Maxwell: 706 N. 17th Street
- Garett & Jenny Dunn, Hannah Hume: 335 N. 15th Street
- Wednesday, November 21-Saturday, November 24: Fall Break Mission Adelante office closed. No programs Tuesday, November 20-Saturday, November 24.
All homes are in Kansas City, KS 66102. RSVP is not necessary.